After Love: Pyar Ki Pungi


Some say it’s easy to fall in love. Some say it’s too hard to achieve your love. Path of love is not easy. This is what these movies, these novels, these people, all say. Movies and books have successful endings when two of the souls get one. But is that it? Does the story end here?

NO!

The real story of my life started when she came in. I thought it would be all rosy and smooth. I thought that deeds and desires would be enough to carry on this all. But then realized that there were other things too in this life, things which were equally important, or may be more important!

“You could have at least told me that you were busy. Ignoring the call doesn’t create a sense at all.” Shreya was burning in anger.

According to her, I am the one responsible for infuriating her. Me? Why? And let me add more.. Why always me?

I too have my works. I’m also a student like her. I too have to study and at the same time there are a few others too who have some hopes from me. I am living for them also. But why would she understand all this? When she wants to study and I call, she has the right to scold me and taunt me, but when I do so, she finds me disloyal. Damn fuck! All she wants is to eat up my brain every single time.

Sometimes I cannot understand what these girls have to talk all the time. Great people have said ‘try to be a man of action, not a man of words’. And now I realize why the word ‘man’ is used in such quotes and why those great persons were mostly single.

Ops! Sorry. I forgot to tell you about Shreya. She is the girl whom I used to chase during my school days. I was the topper of my class. But I was the ugliest one in the class too. She was the most beautiful girl of the class. But she was the dumbest one in the class too. And when this beauty met the brains, it became the oddest couple.

“Why don’t you understand? I cannot pick your call all the time.” I justify to her. Justifying something to a girl is a little easier as compared to looking for signs of life over moon. And this moon, I have a problem with this moon too. Whenever I’m busy with my books at night, she would call me and ask me to look at the moon. The reason is she looking at the moon too. How insane a person could actually be?

Slowly all this feeling of being is love is turning out nothing more than bullshit. The more exciting the story of our meeting was, the lamer our story has became after that and by now I have realized that beating of heart is nothing else, but a biological process. This heart is an overrated organ. Even after knowing its actual purpose, these creepy couples keep on involving this heart in their crappy talks. Why?

At times this heart may also be like, “Department of feelings is not mine, I’m silently doing my own work, then why don’t you mind yours?”

“Arey bhai ye feelings lena jaruri hai maan liya, lekin iska matlab ye to nahi na ki hamara zindagi pr gair kaanuni kabza kar k beth jaao”

Part 2: After Love: Ladko Ke Natak

Part 3: After Love: Sab Moh Maaya Hai

Part 4: After Love: Zindagi Jhand Hai

Comments