That Girl: Episode #4

That Girl
Dare to Dream..



Vishwajeet's pov:

"This will be your cubicle. Just next to my cabin. One door opens in my cabin and the opposite one in the corridor. Ours is the one of the best companies of the country. And that is because my ex – manager Paridhi managed it so well.
Almost 80% credit of the success goes to her.

And I hope, that explains you how much responsibility you will be getting as the new manager.", I boasted.

"Yes sir!" She nodded her head.

I gave her a whole lot big pile of files and ask her to compute every transaction's total VAT applied according to 14% and its exact monetary benefit to the company.

She took the pile up and asked me if she could start.

"Obviously you can. You have to hit the deadline. You gotta submit it to me tomorrow morning."

I said and left her cubicle.
Leaving her alone with the mountain of calculations.
In no way, she is going to hit the deadline.
I 'Muhahahaha'-ed internally and came from the office early.
I slept with a smile in anticipation of the next day's banter when her ego will be crushed.

*The following day*
I came to office at 8 while the official timing is 9 A.M.
I saw that light of her cubicle was on.
I knocked her door.
*No response*
I slowly opened the door to peep in.
And what I saw made my eyes pop out of the socket.

She was sleeping on the floor.
With papers all around and a file labelled as, "The Benefit -VAT data"
I looked at the file and read it.
It had all the data accordingly written by hand neatly.

I looked at her face. She seemed like a sleeping kid.
And I felt guilty for doing that with her.
She proved that she wasn't just intelligent but also a hard worker.
Paridhi was right about her capabilities.

"Riya!" I called out her name, to wake her up..

*To Be Continued.

Next episode to be out tomorrow, 6 P.M. onward..

Previous Episode: That Girl: Episode #3

Comments