That Girl: Episode #9

That Girl
Dare to Dream..



Vishwajeet's pov:

"Riya! How come you live alone?? I mean what actually happened???", I asked out of the blue.
Not knowing that I struck the wrong chords.
Her hand stopped in mid air and she put back the morsel she was about to take.
A tiny pearl rolled down her cheek.
And I realized what blunder I did.



That was the point...
The exact point...
When it all became clear.
Whatever shit Paridhi uttered was true.
And I was sure, I loved THAT Girl!
Loved her more than anything else and seeing her cry was the last thing I want to witness.
I stood up and walked upto her.
In a heartbeat, I grabbed her and hugged her tightly!

I ran my hands in her hair to comfort her and husshed her.
I felt her tears wetting away my shirt.
I made her sit on the couch and gave her water to drink.

"Shhhh... Bas!"

She kept on crying. And amidst her cries, something inside my ribcage ached on this sight.

"Can only boys make their parents proud in business world? Why the hell are we not allowed to dream?? There is much more stuff to a girl than marrying off.
I wanted to be successful and today I am and soon I will also be an entrepreneur. I just wanted Dad to accept that.
Let alone feel proud, he is ashamed!
I didn't say No to marriage right? I just said to delay it. But 'Age ho gyi hai,Ladki ko Vidaa karo' ...toh ho gyi ladki Vidaa! Akele!
I can't compromise my dreams for anything! Any damn thing!"

I hugged her again and comforted her.
In my arms, was the strongest girl I have ever met.
In my arms, was the softest girl I have ever met.
In my arms, was the Love of my life who deserved happiness.
And I mentally took some decisions.

*To Be Continued

Next Episode: That Girl: Episode#10

Comments